Saturday, January 27, 2007

This Time Next Week...

I get my braces!! My appointment is 2pm, next Saturday afternoon. So this time next week I'll be preparing to spend the next two to three years of my life with a whole load of junk in my mouth! I'm kind of excited to see how my smile will turn out after my braces, and I'm hoping that this will all be worth it. I think I'm prepared, I still need to get one of those mirrors that have the extra magnification, and the toothbrush heads for braces for my Oral B Triumph.

Yesterday was mine & Ryans two year anniversary, we went over to a very nice little Italian place at Crossroads and had dinner. I've been eyeing up that place ever since we moved to Crossroads, but we've never gone in until last night. I definitely think my cousin Claire would approve, they have a lot of different wines available! After dinner, we went to the Cinema at Crossroads, and saw Ben Stiller's new flick, "Night at the Museum", which actually turned out to be a really funny film. I was sat there at the start thinking it was really silly, when all this stuff in the museum just starts coming to life, but then it really took a comedic turn and I haven't laughed so hard at a film in a long long time, two thumbs way up!

The whole anniversary was rather low key this year, due to the impending $$$ that we need to pay out on my braces. I figure my braces are going to cost us a total of $3000, and thats not counting the $20 a month for my insurance premiums, or the $15 a month for office visit fees. But still, I think its around 50% coverage, so I can't complain too loudly. Its definitely a lot cheaper than the £££ I'd be paying out if I were still in the UK.

Last night was a rather late night, as we didn't even get out of the cinema un til midnight. Today has just been about relaxing, spending time together and eating good food! I really don't anticipate my braces stopping me eating anything, I know the RPE didn't. It may have slowed me a down a little to start with, but within a week or two, I was eating everything and anything I wanted! I'm hoping it'll be the same with the braces. Roll on next week!

No comments: